Make your Christmas cards more meaningful
„Frau Meyer, machen Sie bitte einen englischen Text für dieWeihnachtskarten,“ heißt es bald wieder. Schon wieder „Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year?“ Nein! Schreiben Sie dieses Jahr originelle und inhaltsvolle Texte. Ihre Geschäftspartner werden sich freuen und Ihr Chef wird Sie für Ihre hervorragenden Englischkenntnisse bewundern.
Is it your job to choose the message for your company’s Christmas cards? You are problably sick and tired of writing and receiving messages like “Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year” or “Season’s Greetings.” And your business partners are just as tired of receiving them. This year, make your Christmas cards original and meaningful with these tips from Secretary Today.
Tell your international business partners about our Christmas traditions
For us, Christmas is one of the most important festivals of the year. But in many countries, it is unknown. Bear this in mind when you choose the design for your company card. If you decide on a winter scene, or images of Christmas trees or Santa Claus, explain a little about the traditions here in Germany. Your Chinese or Indian business partners will be interested to hear what the card symbolises.
Here are some phrases for you to use in your Christmas cards.
- We look forward to another year of working together with you, and wish you health and happiness in the new year.
- Holiday greetings go out to all our associates working for our company around the world.
- Even though some of you do not celebrate Christmas, we would like to seize this opportunity to thank you for a job well done throughout the year. Within the next few days you will be receiving a gift from us as a token of our gratitude.
- I would like to take this opportunity to thank each of you personally for your commitment to our company and our products.
- As you know, we celebrate Christmas very traditionally here in Germany. We decorate a Christmas tree in the reception area, invite our employees and their families to a Christmas party and give them presents to show our appreciation.
- I freely admit that I look forward to Christmas every year. Don’t you feel the same way? Then enjoy this time of year with all of its beautiful traditions. May you outshine the Christmas candles! Merry Christmas.
For most of us in Northern Europe, Christmas has traditionally been associated with crispy cold days and snowly landscapes. Santa Claus and his reindeer are as much a part of our tradition as mulledn wine and Christmas trees.
We hope you enjoy this festive time of year filled with childhood memories and have a little respite from your daily routine. With this in mind, I wish you a happy holiday celebration.