7 tips for great Christmas cards
Millionen von Weihnachtskarten werden Jahr für Jahr verschickt. Stellen Sie sicher, dass Ihre Karte sich von der Masse abhebt. Diese 7 Tipps von Secretary Today helfen Ihnen dabei.
Americans sent over 1.9 billion Christmas cards to family, friends and business associates last year. In Australia, 250 million were posted, and in the UK, every man, woman and child is expected to receive an average of 17 Christmas cards this year.
Follow these seven tips to make sure your card is special:
1 Think why you are sending cards. Do you want to
- attract new customers,
- enhance an existing business relationship,
- remind old clients that you exist, or
- show appreciation to someone who has supported you?
2 Make a list.
When you’ve decided why you are sending cards, decide who you are sending them to. Make sure your mailing list is up to date. As well as deleting the names of business associates you don’t expect to do business with, remember to add any new contacts.
3 Buy quality cards.
A good quality card shows how much you value your customers and demonstrates that business is going well. To enhance your company’s image, buy cards directly from a charity like UNICEF (www.unicef.de – click on ‘shop’) or the International Fund for Animal Welfare (www.vistaprint.de – click on ‘Weihnachtskarten/Wohltätigkeitskarten).
4 Add a handwritten message.
Even if there is a preprinted message and your boss’s name is on the card, get him or her to add a short personal handwritten message. You will find some examples on this page.
5 Write the address by hand.
Computer-generated sticky labels are impersonal and make your season’s greetings look like a mass mailing. If you are too busy, get someone else to address the envelopes for you. If you’re sending too many cards to address them by hand, transparent labels make your mail look more classy.
6 Be aware of traditions.
Make sure your message is appropriate by avoiding explicit ‘Christmas’ messages. You will find some examples on this page.
7 Avoid the mail rush.
Get all your envelopes addressed before the end of November. Then your boss will have plenty of time to add a short personal message, sign his or her name and have the cards in the post with a minimum of stress.
Professional phrases for corporate Christmas cards
Use these phrases for your cards this holiday season.
- Season’s Greetings
- Season’s Greetings and best wishes for the New Year
- Wishing you peace and prosperity this Holiday Season
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
- At the close of another year, we gratefully pause to wish you a warm and happy Holiday Season and a peaceful and prosperous New Year.
- As the Holiday Season draws near, we find ourselves reflecting on the past year and on those who have helped to shape our business. We value our relationship with you and look forward to working with you in the year to come.
- We wish you a very happy Holiday Season and a happy and prosperous New Year.
- I would like to wish you and your family a wonderful Holiday Season.
- With warmest wishes for you and your family this Holiday Season.
- With very best wishes for a joyous Holiday Season and amost prosperous and healthy New Year.
- All the best to you and your family in the New Year.
- To a healthy, happy and peaceful New Year .
- Wishing you a joyous Holiday Season and a New Year of peace and happiness!