How to make enquiries on the phone
Ihr Chef hat ein attraktives Angebot gelesen und bittet Sie, am Telefon weitere Informationen zu erfragen. Kein Problem mit den Tipps von Secretary Today.
An enquiry (or inquiry) can be general or specific. A general enquiry may be a simple request for information about a product or service, for a quotation, an estimate or a credit reference. A specific enquiry is a request for more detailed information about a particular product or service.
When you phone to make a general or specific enquiry, make sure you have the following information at hand.
Information you need
- where you heard about the company and its products or services
- a description of your company and the reason for the enquiry
- your exact requirements, such as a quotation for goods or services or for information
- sales material / samples / a visit from a representative or agent
- terms of delivery / delivery date / terms of payment
- to provide references (if appropriate)
Here are some useful phrases for you to use next time you make an enquiry by phone
- This is Margaret Baumeister from Failsworth Hats.
- We are one of the biggest hat manufacturers in the UK.
- We are a major wholesaler of ladies and men’s hats.
- All our products are high quality
- I’m calling to ask about your advertisement in this month’s Top Hats trade journal.
- Failsworth Hats is very interested in finding overseas suppliers.
- My company is looking for wholesalers.
- We are very interested in your special offer for linen sun hats.
- We are looking for someone who could manufacture to our specifications.
- What we have in mind is a special selection of silk hats.
- Could you arrange for your representative to call on us?
- Could you send us some samples of your latest models?
- Could you let me have a quotation of the headwear in your advertisement?
- What about delivery? How long would it take?
- Is that including shipping and insurance?
- We would need a firm date for delivery.
- What are your terms of payment?
- We would be happy to provide you with references from our bank and a major German supplier.
- Thank you very much. That should be all for now.
- I’ll email you if I need any more information.