How to end telephone conversations at Christmastime
So beenden Sie zur Weihnachtszeit Ihr Telefonat auf Englisch!
Kein Problem – mit den Tipps von Secretary Today.
Remember that not all ethnic groups celebrate Christmas. Keep your greetings general to include other beliefs – instead of “Merry Christmas” say “Happy holidays”.
End telephone calls in the days before the festive season with these phrases:
● ‘It was nice talking to you. Have a nice holiday season.’
● ‘Goodbye and have a nice festive season and a very good New Year.’
● ‘Have a nice break and I look forward to speaking to you again in the New Year.’
If you want to keep your message traditional use
● ‘It was nice speaking to you. Have a happy Christmas. Goodbye’
● ‘Goodbye. Have a happy Christmas and a good New Year’.
● ‘All the best to you and your family for Christmas and the New Year.’
● ‘I hope you have a happy Christmas and a good start to the New Year.’
How to respond if someone wishes you ‘Happy Christmas’
Respond by saying
● ‘Thank you very much. The same to you and a happy New Year.’
● ‘Thanks, you too. Merry Christmas.’
Wishes passed to someone else
You can ask for a message to be passed on to someone else by saying
● ‘Please pass on my best wishes for the festive season and the New Year to .......... ’