Meist sind es simple Dinge, wie "Ihre Nummer war auf meinem Display", die ein englisches Telefonat zum Hürdenlauf machen. Secretary Today macht Sie olympiareif.
There are many reasons you might have to return an international call: someone left a message on your voicemail asking you to call back; your boss wasn’t in and you said he’d return the call; your boss was cut off in the middle of a conversation.
Whatever the reason, and no matter how much time has gone by between
the person calling and you calling back, make sure the call is a success by being polite and professional. Do this by identifying yourself properly right at the start and giving the reason for your call. After all, you never know how many other calls that person has taken in the meantime.
Here are some great phrases for you to use, whatever the situation.
- Hello, this is Gabi Meyer from XYZ Electronics in Essen, Germany. You called a couple of days ago to talk to Moritz Lambertz. He’s back at his desk now. Would you like me to put you through to him?
- It’s Angelika Weiß here. You left a message on my voicemail yesterday morning. I’ve been away and only just heard it. Is now convenient for you?
- If it’s not convenient right now, shall we schedule another call?
- We were cut off. I don’t know what happened. Anyway, we were talking about the changes Mr Konrad would like you to make.
- This is Sandra Schmidt at XYZ Investments in Frankfurt. I think you’ve been trying to reach me. Your number’s on my phone. Is there something I can help you with?
Secretary Today steht für perfekte britische und amerikanische Korrespondenz, Gespräche, Telefonate, Geschäftsbesuche und sicheren Small Talk. Fordern Sie Ihren persönlichen Business English Trainer jetzt zum kostenlosen 30-Tage-Test an – klicken Sie hier ...