Sie wollen eine Persönlichkeit einladen, auf einer Tagung zu sprechen oder als Ehrengast teilzunehmen. So schreiben Sie eine professionelle und höfliche Einladung, die garantiert ankommt.
Inviting an industry luminary to your event is worthwhile, even if it costs a lot of money. A well respected analyst, business leader or VIP from another, unrelated sectormeans that more people will attend and there will be more and probably better content. A bigwig will also add credibility to your event and company. When you write the letter, be direct and to the point. Say exactly why you have chosen this person, what you want them to do, how they should do it and when and where the event will take place.
Here are some suggestions for sentences you can use to invite a VIP to a company event
- We have pleasure in inviting you to our annual sales conference.
- The Association of German lawyers would be honoured to welcome you as our special guest.
- Because of your stature in publishing, I want to cordially invite you to speak at our annual conference which will be held in Munich on 4 5 March at the Hilton Hotel.
- We have come to you because we think you will enjoy sharing your insights.
- To that end, we would like to have you address "New trends in online publishing".
- We are pleased to offer you complimentary registration for the event.
- Our organisation will cover your travel and hotel costs.
- We shall provide you with more details if we are fortunate enough to receive a positive answer from you.GI plan to call you next week to provide any further information and answer any questions you may have.
- I'll give you a call to discuss the particulars of your participation.GIf you would like to contact me in the meantime, please call me at 0221 123456 or send me an email to email@example.com
- I very much look forward to talking with you and hope that you will accept our invitiation.
Here are two examples of how to invite a VIP to a conference, as a special guest and as a speaker
Dear Michael Murphy
The British Association of Law Libraries, would be pleased and honoured if you would be our special guest at our national association's Annual Meeting on 22 February 2008. The theme of the programme is The Digital Law Library of the Future. The BALL believes that law librarians have a great deal to give and to learn about information management by sharing, discussing and collaborating with colleagues in the wider community. Consequently, we have
developed a programme to help the local and regional chapters of our national association bring influential members of the legal and IT sectors to our Annual Meeting.
Our 15 chapters from all over the UK will be inviting lawyers, IT specialists, deans and professors and members of the specialist press to attend and participate in our educational programmes and informal discussion groups. We hope that the relationships that are formed at this event will blossom into business relationships that will benefit institutions and firms throughout the UK.
BALL is offering you complimentary registration for the meeting. Our chapter will cover your travel and hotel costs with arrival on 21 February and departure on 23 February. Members of our chapter will serve as your hosts, making sure that you meet many colleagues and attend the sessions that most interest you. Of course we shall provide you with detailed information about all of these
arrangements if we are fortunate enough to receive a positive answer from you. I plan to call you at the end of next week to provide more information. In the meantime, if you would like to contact me, please call me at 1234556 or send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I shall look forward to talking with you and very much hope that you will accept our invitation.
Dear Andrew Armstrong
Because of your stature in marketing, I want to cordially invite you to speak at our annual Direct Marketing Conference which will be held in Cologne on 3 5 March at the Hyatt Hotel. This event is sponsored by PDQ Group, publishers of Marketing Today newsletters, and typically attracts more than 500 participants, including some of the most prestigious names in marketing and media. Over the past 15 years, these Direct Marketing Conferences have developed the
reputation for delivering the highest-level and most practical wisdom of any events in the industry.
We have come to you because we believe you can help us deliver on this promise--and because we think you will enjoy sharing your challenges, successes and insights. To that end, we'd like to have you address "New Trends in Direct Marketing". There will be at least one other presenter talking on this topic.
Our goal is to present actionable solutions to problems and untapped opportunities that confront senior-level marketing executives. Now more than ever before, your unique insights and ability to grapple with current and future challenges will be invaluable. We would very much like your help in focusing this topic for even greater impact and look forward to your suggestions.
Andrew, it would be an honor to work with you on the 2008 Direct Marketing Conference. I will give you a call in the next day or so to discuss the particulars of your participation. In the meantime if you wish to contact me, please do so at 973-575 ... or simply respond by email to organisation@direct......
I look forward to speaking with you soon!